GYST: To Know Is To Learn

Sunday 1 March 2015

Ever since I declared that I needed to get my sh*t together, I have been trying to wrap my mind around what that means to me exactly. Now I've set my intention, I have to figure out all the pesky details, because as much as I love it as a life motto "Be like Beyoncé" is just not specific enough. 

Truth is, I haven't got a clue what it means to me to have my sh*t together. Well, I do in a way since otherwise I wouldn't feel the need to "get it together" in the first place, but at the same time, it is a very vague notion in my mind, and as we all know, when it comes to sorting out your life, vague is bad. I can't achieve something if a) I don't know what it is that I am aiming towards and b) I don't know the steps that are needed in order for me to get there. 

I do know however, that like with most things in life, there isn't one, all-encompassing answer. Not only do we all have differing ideas as to what a person who has their sh*t together looks like, there's the the fact that there are different areas in our own individual life that need to be addressed. For example, I would say that I have got my sh*t together when it comes to sleeping, and I don't mean the number of hours I spend in bed, but rather the quality. Thanks to the Sleep Cycle Alarm Clock, I can track my sleep, and make changes to ensure that the average 6-7 hours I spend in bed are the best (plus it wakes you up in your lightest sleep phase before the alarm goes off so you don't have a shock awakening in the middle of a deep juicy dream - I highly recommend!). 

It's a shame that I have yet to reach that level of quality in other areas of my life. 

The thing is, I didn't know about the Sleep Cycle Alarm Clock until Tasha Green mentioned it in one of her favourites videos; I learned about it, figured out how to use it, and then used that to improve an area of my life that at the time didn't realise was really important for my overall health. I'm not entirely sure what other specific areas that I need to improve or how or where to start so I'm going to start by learning. The only way to know something you didn't know before is to learn about it, and thankfully for me, there are countless books, blogs, videos and other resources available authored by people who might provide me with ideas. 

So that's what I'm going to: I'm going to hit Google and search for books that might seem helpful, discover blogs on various topics that seem applicable to me, find videos by people who are going or have gone through similar things. I'm going to do as much research as I can so that I am armed and prepared to make the necessary changes. 

You know what they say: to get one's sh*t together, one must first know what that sh*t is

Do you have any books, blogs, resources that have inspired you to get your life in order? I would love to hear any recommendations!

2 comments:

  1. Wise words, learning is the best way to gain knowledge! I'm also trying to get on this sort of path, I need some organisation and structure in my life!
    Hannah x
    Hanniemc.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wise words, learning is the best way to gain knowledge! I'm also trying to get on this sort of path, I need some organisation and structure in my life!
    Hannah x
    Hanniemc.co.uk

    ReplyDelete