This Week I've Been Listening To... - Christmas Edition

Tuesday 23 December 2014

It's Christmas Eve tomorrow which means that the Christmas songs have been flowing throughout the house - and by that I mean that I've been blasting them non-stop to accompany the last-minute Christmas wrapping, the last of my revision in the countdown to the sadistically placed January exams, and even lulling me to sleep when the wind is howling a little too much and I can't get to sleep. While I have been listening to other songs -  James Blunt's 'When I Find Love Again' has been a favourite this week - it's been about the Christmas songs all day err day. Even though I did stumbled across some of the oddest Christmas songs. The Vengaboys' 'Where Did My Xmas Tree Go?' anyone? If you want to be festively confused then definitely check it out.

Without further ado, here are the songs that have gotten the most Christmas love: 


"Santa baby, forgot to mention one little thing... A ring...
I don't mean on the phone; Santa baby,
So hurry down the chimney tonight"
-Santa Baby, Eartha Kitt

Feliz Navidad, Jose Feliciano
All I Want For Christmas Is You, Mariah Carey
Santa Baby, Eartha Kitt
Winter Wonderland/Don't Worry Be Happy, Pentatonix
It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year, Andy Williams
I'll Be Home, Meghan Trainor
When A Child Is Born, Johnny Mathis
Mary's Boy Child/ Oh My Lord, Boney M.
It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas, Michael Bublé
Baby It's Cold Outside, from Neptune 1949
Little Drummer Boy, Pentatonix
Adeste Fideles, Il Divo
Santa Tell Me, Ariana Granda


I quite like a mix of good old Christmas classics and discovering new ones. I'm not usually an Ariana Grande fan so was surprised by how much I liked 'Santa Tell Me', and I've also become a huge Meghan Trainor fan. There's just something about her voice that I really enjoy, though nothing can beat a good Mariah Carey. I also really like 'Baby It's Cold Outside' for the different renditions that have been made - I really like the Lady Gaga/Joseph Gordon Levitt rendition where the gender roles are switched. It's interesting to have a different take on things. It's probably why I've also been enjoying Pentatonix's takes on Christmas songs. who have the most amazing vocals. I highly recommend checking them out if you like acapella Pitch Perfect-style singing.

What are some of your favourite Christmas songs? 

No comments:

Post a Comment