Make Up Revolution Ultra Cover & Conceal in Medium-Dark

Monday 22 December 2014


My original purpose of buying the Make Up Revolution Ultra Cover & Conceal palette in Medium-Dark was for Halloween: I wanted to go pale but didn't like the chalky look of white face paint, so figured I would use the lightest shade as a foundation for my zombie look, the darkest to hollow out my cheeks, and figure out how to use the rest of the shades in the palette later. Besides at £6.00/€7.58, how could I not? 

It worked a treat for Halloween, but since then have failed to fully explore the potential of the palette. I use the darkest shade to contour my face - I smooth it onto the hollows of my cheeks and then blend it out with a contour brush, but I've yet to really use it as the concealer palette that it was intended to be. Which is a shame, as I find it difficult to find concealers that match my skin tone, and this palette gives me the possibility to create the perfect shade all year round without breaking the bank. 

The few times I have reached out of my make up comfort zone and used it to conceal my under eye, I have been pleasantly surprised by the way that it smooths on, and doesn't drag the skin or stick to dry patches. I think that it's intended to be the kind of concealer you apply layer by layer and blend until you get the desired effect, so I might also need to invest in a decent fixing powder and buffing brush to get a flawless finish. I will definite have to include playing around with this in my New Year's Resolution as this is one of those products that has great potential - if you know how to use it. The full size mirror it comes is only an added bonus.

Have you tried the Ultra Cover & Conceal palette? Do you think a concealer palette is for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment