L'Oreal Paris Nude Magique BB Powder in Dark

Thursday 11 December 2014


I have had my eye on this product for awhile now. It would catch my eye as I browsed the beauty aisle but I ignored its call, making up excuses along the lines of 'it'll probably break me out' or 'it'll probably be too light for my skintone'. However, my curiosity eventually broke down and I had to buy it to see if the L'Oreal Paris Nude Magique BB Powder in Dark would live up to its promises. Claiming to offer light coverage, a velvet feel, an 8h non drying mattifying finish whilst leaving shine free, fresh looking skin, it certainly had a lot to live up to. 

As an oily skin girl I was definitely enticed by the possibility of having the BB effect in a powder form as any BB creams I'd tried would either sit on my skin or make me feel oilier than usual. And this product did not disappoint. Instead I've been kicking myself for how long it took me to actually pick it up. I have been wearing this with no foundation or primer - I tried wearing the Laura Mercier primer with this product and actually found that my T-zone became oilier a lot quicker than without it (though perhaps I need to try the oil-free primer in her line).



The BB Powder applies light but it quickly warms up to match my skin tone. I do feel like I have to add a bit of colour back to my face though, and usually slick on The One Stick Blush in Malibu from Make Up Revolution just to bring back some colour to my face. I've been really enjoying the light coverage of this, and as I like the effect of the powder on its own, it feels like I've been allowing my skin to breath. It is buildable, and over the holidays I'll probably use this as a setting powder because this is the first powder I've had that keeps my skin matte and relatively shine-free without breaking me out. If I put this on in the morning, but lunchtime my shiny T-zone is making an appearance but not in the usual 'ick, my face is oily' sort of way. When I'm wearing this, I seem to glow rather than looking like I desperately need to locate some blotting paper asap. 

I don't tend to apply touch up my make up when I'm on the move, but even I can appreciate just how travel-friendly this powder is. The powder section lifts to reveal a mirror and a sponge, perfect for on-the-go application. I've heard you can apply this with a powder or kabuki brush, but so far I've found that the sponge applicator it comes with works well enough. Overall, I think this is a great product, and I would highly recommend if you have oil-prone skin and want the BB effects without the negative side-effects of some creams. 

Have you tried the L'Oreal BB Powder? Do you like BB products or do you prefer foundations? 

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if I've seen this in stores here, but I'll have to look! Sounds like a miracle product!
    xo, Laura
    www.laurasbestlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's really great if you have oily skin! I used this as a setting powder over foundation last night and my t-zone has never gone so long without being oily. I highly recommend it if you can find it x

      Delete