Review: The Body Shop Strawberry Hand Cream

Monday 22 September 2014

I picked up this Strawberry Hand Cream from The Body Shop a while ago and it has yet to leave my hand bag. I really like the packaging; I think squeezy tubes like these are more practical than their slightly bulkier plastic counterparts, and they don't betray how affordable this is (€5/£3.50). The scent is incredibly intense without ever being overpowering and whilst being quite sweet it isn't sickeningly so. If you like your strawberry scents, then I would highly recommend this little beauty because it will not disappoint. 

This hand cream has quite a light, almost gel-like consistency, smooths on easily and absorbs quickly which is just what you need when you're out and about and need to quickly add some moisture to your hands. It also doesn't leave a greasy residue, which is also handy when you're using technology such as a tablet or you're about to return to an e-reader. One thing Kindles do not like is greasy hand cream. Trust me. 

I would say though that because it does have such a light consistency, sometimes I get the impression that my hands are a little on the dry side, even if my skin is soft and moisturised to the touch. It's not one I would recommend to someone who has dry skin or wants more intense moisturising.Whilst I'm beginning to doubt this will make the transition into the colder months, this was the ideal summer hand cream, and whenever I apply it I'm reminded of the sun, ice cream and pretty dresses, which is great for momentarily forgetting the grey skies and heavy rain falling outside. 

Have you tried this hand cream or some of the other scents which came out at the same time? I remember trying to decide between the Pink Grapefruit, Satsuma, Shea, Mango, Honeymania and Moringa. It's so hard to pick when you want them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment